Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Merlin Mail 007 AA1 day greeting playing at night 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

nuklhead

Vendor
Oct 4, 2004
US
I have a Legend 7.0 , PRI, MLM 007. AA day menu plays all time. I can manually close business in Merlin Mail under schedules and it works. Merlin Legend Mode using Night Button immediately answers at night but still plays day message. Merlin Mail schedule has no effect. Swithched from VM Schedule controller using Legend Mode only to Use both and USe Mail schedule only...No effect. Console porting 8400 as DID using Night Service options to be answered in cover Group 30 sending to 8499 VM ports receiver group. What is needed to trigger the night message? I am going to have two seperate companies on the VM so keep that in mind if there is a "work around" AKA Clunk Clunk fix it up....There are always more limitations to any work around programming. Thanks in advance!

Have you set the daily business schedule in the Merlin Mail with opening and closing times? then set the controller to both the Merlin Legend mode and Merlin mail.

Yes, I have set the schedlues in the VM to 7:30A-5:30P M-F and Closed S-S. I have set the controller to Merlin LEgend Mode only...No luck. I have set to Use Both...No Luck I have set to VM schedule only...No Luck. It only works when I make a temporary business closing under schedules.

I would first double-check the date and time settings in the voice mail - they may be way off. If that is not the issue - then you may have some corrupted software on the voice mail hard drive. As a last resort I would reinitialize the voice mail software and at the same time conduct the hard drive test - depending on the software release the drive test may run automatically. This would, unfortunately, require reprogramming the voicemail system from scratch - so print a copy of the current configuration to a hyperterminal file.

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

OK Guys...Here is the fix. The system has more than one operator position, two to be exact. Each of these phones has a Night Button assigned. In order for the Legend to notify the Merlin Mail that it is in night mode, both operator (all operators) must have the night button activated. I found this the the Manual...imagine that.

Thanks for the replies, the knowledge is greatly appreciated!

Or, use TIME SET in the LEGEND,

Or, use Night Service with Outward Restrict.

I'll have to look at the TIME SET feature. Is it under the night service heading?

Well, 3 things really.

All under Night Service:

1) Turn Time Control ON.

2) Program the Start Time for each Day.

3) Program the Stop time for each day.

Trouble is, it is not as flexible as just pushing a button.

NS w/outward resriction allows 1 operator to control it.

This would also require setting some extensions up to b EXCLUDED from the Outward Restrict.

I found the "On" button for time control and cover control inhibit. I also changed a few other things with my delay extension and it now works.
Thanks Again!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back