Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Merlin Magix

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgreen17

Technical User
Jan 15, 2008
US
I have a Magix R2.0 V9.0 , The customer has 5 centrex lines that are answered by auto attn., when they zero out it rings a calling group 771 of analog stations which is setup as auto login circular . I need to be able to transfer to a cellphone or outside number from the analog stations and also transfer internal. Is there any way to use the centrex transfer so that I dont't tie up two lines (1 incoming and one outgoing) Presently it seems to allow me to conference using a flash and then flash again to connect all 3 parties but having trouble just doing a transfer. Currently when trying to transfer I am getting the incoming call and then hitting flash, dialing 9 for an outside line and dialing external number but when I hang up the call gets dropped. Any one have any ideas or any input on how to get this to work properly. Thanks

the way you are doing it is correct but you will need to put the conference call on hold instead of hanging up, which will still tie up two lines

I can conference ok looking to just transfer the call to an outside party and drop off.

your system is in pbx mode but you can switch to behind switch mode,for centrex but I can tell you now you won't like it

When you flash on the single line telephone set, it brings you to internal system dial tone instead of flashing to the Centrex line.

I don't remember if it is possible, but try flashing the single line set, get to internal system dial tone, and then dialing #775, which is the feature code for Recall. This should do a flash on the Centrex line, and return you to stutter dial tone from the phone company. Now dial the number you want to transfer to, and after the 1st ring, hang up the single line phone.

If you transfer to the same outside numbers, set up adjunct extensions that are Centrex forwarded, using * instead of 9 for line access, then transfer the caller to the extension number that is Centrex Forwarded

I can transfer off a digital set to an outside party ok and it ties up two lines which they may have to deal with , I can't get it to work off the analog set though, conferencing works ok from the analog. I receive a call ,switchhook flash, get internal dialtone , dial 9 and the number plus tried a # after it. As soon as I hang up it drops the call and I get ringback on the analog station. Any ideas?

From a digital phone, either put a recall button on it or press Feature and dial 775 to get a flash to the CO line. Then you will be able to do the Centrex transfer without tying up 2 lines.

Try this:

Creating an Extension for Remote Call Forwarding

Renumber an adjunct to become the desired Extension Number
System Renumber>Single>Adjuncts>Old Adjunct No.>Enter>New Extension No.>Enter

Assign Authorization Code to New Extension
Extensions>More>Auth Code>Ext. No.>Enter>
Code:
>Enter
    (Hint: Make the Authorization Code be the same as the Extension Number)

Enable Remote Forwarding
    Remote Fwd>Extension No.>Enter

To Forward the Extension:
    Go to a KEYSET, and press an SA Key
     Dial #80-[Authorization Code]-#-*33-*-HOLD-[Outside Telephone Number]-#

Transfer an incoming call to the extension number that you have Centrex Forwarded. You may also need to enable Trunk to Trunk Transfer and RCF on the extension doing the transfer.

Any way to do from an analog? I'm not dead set against tieing up 2 lines for the transfer, they only have 5 or 6 numbers that they transfer to and the calls only last for a few minutes when transferred. Possibly Forward 5 or 6 extensions to different outside numbers and just transfer to the internal extand then it forwards out to the number defined? Any ideas are welcome .
Thanks again for the suggestions.

I was able to get around by creating adjunct exts and allowing trunk to trunk and remote forwarding and created auth code for each adjunct extension. Could never get it to work by transferring an incoming call answered at an analog set to an external number. I can conference to an external number but as soon as I hang up the call drops. Thanks for eveyones suggestions.

I used call forwarding with an auth code #80 (ext#) # *33 99xxx-xxx-xxxx # I have centrex lines so needed the extra 9 works but ties up two lines. Thanks again

Try programming it as #80 (ext#) # *33 *-Hold-9xxx-xxx-xxxx #

The * and Hold instead of the 9 to grab another outside line will do a flash to the Centrex line, pause for a moment, then dial 9 for the Centrex and the outside telephone number.

Thanks TT Tommy will try that on Monday.

Question what type of centrex lines are these if they are loop start what TTT says should work, if they are ground start then it will not.

when you put a call on conference call ,you cannot hangup, for a digital phone you would put the call on hold (hope you don't have MOH ) on a single line phone put the receiver down next to the phone, not hangup so that the conference parties can talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back