Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Merlin Magix Voicemail Issue 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

budbyrd

Vendor
Jul 28, 2011
US
I have a Magix that the AA won't send one particular extention to the VM box.
When you call in and put in ext 110 it will ring back to the line it came in on instead of going to the mailbox.

I verified the ext is in the coverage group. Deleted it from the group and readded it, deleated the mailbox and recreated it. It will go to voicemail from an internal call. It will go to voicemail from an external call if the ext is in do not disturb.

It has worked up to this point.

I have never seen this one before. Does anyone have suggestions???

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

individual cover delay versus transfer return interval?

I think it has to do with the class of service of the mailbox.

in some cases there may be cover buttons for this extension on other phones. these may extend cover answer times beyond the transfer return timer. the call never gets to voice mail.

Use WinSPM to do a print on the affected extension, so that you can see what coverage paths it has

@ wireboy
I don't see a place to set individual coverage time. I have banged on it through the console and Winspm. Can you point me in the right direction?

Update.
I am experianceing the same thing on my lab system. This is the operator extension. I can't remember ever having this issue before but it seems like an out of the box situation as I blanked my tester and built it from scratch. We only have two of these dinasours left and I have lost almost everything I did know about them. [flush]

Are you dialing the actual extension number from the AA, or zeroing out to the Call Answer Service Operator?

Default CASO is 768, which is an invalid extension number, ends up transferring the phone connected to the first logical ID, and does NOT follow coverage paths

Oddly enough zero works correctly an drops it in to 110's box. But I did find out that 110 is covered by othere phones. And I did figure out what I boned that I was getting the same behavior from my test system, blasted rotery enable. So now the test systems is woking like expected.
@ TTT What effect would having the extension covered be? And can it be fixed?

Starting with page 235 is the discussion of coverage and its interactions

It's so convoluted, and it's been such a long time for me, but the general principle is that all of the primary and secondary coverage paths must be exhausted first, before the group coverage will kick in.

for the AA, if you set your CASO to 110, or set the Dial-0/Timeout option to Transfer to 110, coverage will work as expected.

extension-cover delay

individual cover buttons always add to the time an unanswered call will ring. this allows the transfer return interval to expire before voice mail call coverage happens. to make sure a call gets answered by a live person, users add cover buttons making the call ring longer. it has always been my experience that if an automated attendant answers and transfers calls to any station, transfer return FOR CALLS HANDLED BY THE AUTO ATTENDANT should be turned off. the logic is, even if a caller winds up in voice mail coverage, they can always dial zero to get back to the operator. calls dialed directly from station to station are not affected by transfer return intervals. by default, SYSTEM TRANSFER RETURN and group cover delay are both set at 3. these will occasionally conflict, so i suggest extending SYSTEM TRANSFER RETURN to 5.

i suggest you disable transfer return OF THE AUTO ATTENDANT.

I was finally able to recreate this on our lab system. The cover buttons were the culprit. Removing those made it work, just not the way the wanted it to work. The solution I found is to set the transfer return to 9 and the primary cover delay for extension 110 to 1. KaBang it worked. gen
Seriously appreciate the pointers in the right direction gentlemen. I already had the manual, and had read through the coverage part. I am not sure what language it was translated from, but it almost gibberish.
[banghead]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back