Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Merlin Magix Expansion Carrier

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlwebb

Technical User
May 12, 2005
US
I recently installed a new Expansin carrier on a Magix 3.0 v7.0, CKE5 processor with a 024TDL module. After performing a board renumber, the phones connected to this module flash red on the MWI. I checked the error logs and the module is in "standby mode". What am I missing as to why the new module is not functioning correctly?

Well, you could have a bad board, backplane or power unit.

-OR- it may not be seated all the way into the Basic Carrier.

-OR- you did not power up from Right to Left.

-OR- you may trying to go into maintenance > slot and do a RESTORE of that slot.

Checked and tested all of the above, to no avail. Someone suggested that being to the right of the Merlin Messaging module may be causing an issue. I have never encountered that as a possible problem, has anyone else heard that?

I have not experienced that - but swapping the slots of the new 024 and mail module - (although it will require some reprogramming of the VM setup) will at least confirm that the new 024 module, and expansion carrier, etc are functioning correctly.

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

I would swap the power units before moving the mail module. I have MANY times installed modules to the right of the voice mail, and no problems. Just causes a gap in the dial plan, easily remedied. Also could be a board mismatch problem. Print the system setup and then go to the inventory on the quick access and see if they match.

OK, I did get the mismatched error...what does it mean? And how do you fix it?

Forgot to mention, when I viewed the inventory, it recognized that slot 6 was indeed my 024 module, but in the error log, I recieved the board mismatched error.

I would try another board renumber - maybe the first one didn't take very well.

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

Look in the quick access system inventory, it will show you which board the system thinks should be there, then go to maintenance, boards, and select the type board you found for this slot and delete it. Oh I forgot to say, remove the 024 from the system first. After delete the phantom board, then install the 024 and do a board renumber. This should take care of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back