Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Merlin Magix DID Programming 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kennyk1973

Vendor
Apr 21, 2016
US
Have a Merlin Magix, no access to WinSPM so everything gets programmed via the main console phone. How do I go about seeing if a DID (coming in on a PRI) is attached to an analog Polycom Conference room phone? I don't have the specific extension right this second, so lets assume it's x-6000.

Then, if I discover that there is no DID attached to this analog extension, how do I add a new DID to it? I do have a list of all the DID's coming in on the PRI (too many to call everyone directly to see if the conference phone rings, plus I don't want to bother everyone else with a current DID).

Thanks in advance for the help.

In simplest terms, the extension number matches the last 3 or 4 digits of the DID number. But you might have routing tables that say receive 4 digits, match "3345", delete 4 digits, and replace with "123". WinSPM is where you can print out the report with the routing tables. You might be able to use the Inspect button when you're programming from the console.

Do you know the range of DID numbers, and how many digits the phone company is sending? Do the DID's match the extensions?

I do have the full DID range, we verified that currently no DID is attached to the analog extension. So this will need to be setup new. My DID range does not match my extension number. My guess is they are sending the full 10 since I have a wide variety of exchanges.

I would like to basically set 888-555-1212 to go to extension 6111.

And yea unfortunately I don't have WINSPM or the correct cable to connect with.

I can give you a link to download WinSPM and instructions to make an adapter out of a Cat-5 patch cord and Cat-5 jack along with a regular Cisco console cable

CiscoTo355_frkfhu.jpg

Excellent, thank you. I'll try to make this cable today. Once I am on site, what should I look for to apply this DID to that extension?

Forgive the silly question, but for this pin out should I be reading the "Cable" as pins 1-8 straight down the image? Meaning I am not doing the mod end in B config, I am doing the mod end straight blue orange green brown from pins 1-8?

Cable" is a Cat-5 patch cord, 568-B on each end, that I've cut in half and punched the conductors down to the Cat-5 568-B jack.

Ok I made this cable, I'll be going out today to give this a shot. What programming info do I need to apply a DID to an extension?

Start by printing all of the reports for the PRI, so that you can see the incoming tables. You are looking for digits being received and how they are being modified, to be able to take an unused DID and route it to your extension. Post that report and we can probably figure it out, and also have a look at the faq here:

no luck, pics attached. I verified my USB/Serial device is good and working on COM1.
IMG_0244_erwvot.jpg

IMG_0245_uay3cu.jpg

IMG_0246_oz19io.jpg

IMG_0247_l0bfxn.jpg

Your cable is correct, try running PuTTY at 1200-N-8-1 no flow control and connecting to the SMDR port to confirm that your serial port and adapter is working. You should see a line of info after each call is made, perhaps a flow of buffered calls when you first connect

Putty worked. But still no access into programming via admin port. Would it be possible to setup a phone call to troubleshoot this issue? Certainly bill us for this time. I only ask because now all incoming calls are going to the main attendant console. No private did numbers are working and the CEO and CFO are getting upset. Any help you could provide over phone would be greatly appreciated.

If putty worked, your cable is good, check that you're set to use the correct com port n WinSPM. For remote support, Jack (merlinman) has a contact link on his home page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back