Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MERLIN MAGIX CONFIGURATOR 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MYKELB

Technical User
Dec 20, 2005
US
I have a Merlin Magix release 4 v7.0 and I need to find out if a configurator exsist I believe my system is over
end-points but I'm not sure at all.

Huhh?? What is a "configurator"? Are you talking about the "autosetup" option for voicemail? Not sure what you mean by your system is "over end-points". Are you asking about the system's total capacity? We could use a little more clarification of your question and please describe the full system (all installed modules, besides the processor).

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

A configurator (outside of Avaya) is a program, spreedsheet
that allows you to enter your current configuration and it tells you if you have exceeded your system capacity.
My issue is, I have a customer that would like to add (approx)172 sets. 152 TDL & 20 MLX (W/MFM MODULES.
My system has three cabinets the layout is as follows:
cabinet 01
00 cke5 processor
01 412 tdl
03 016 mlx
04 024 tdl
05 008 mlx
06 100 dcd
cabinet 02
07 024 tdl
08 024 tdl
09 100 dcd
10 024 tdl
11 blank
cabinet 03
12 024 tdl
13 024 tdl
14 merlin messaging (12 ports)
15 blank
16 blank
End points are the total number of devices that can be added to system. I believe 200 is the magic number?

80 lines and 200 extensions is the quoted magic number - unless you tie multiple systems together (using a T1). Since I have never tried it - I am not sure what the effective limit would be - maybe "merlinman" can clarify. But, I have heard of systems exceeding 400 extensions.

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

In any case - you will not exceed the Magix system's capacity with what you outlined - except that I don't understand the "blank" module in cabinet 2. The expansion box (cabinets 2 & 3) should accomodate 6 modules each - and there should be no "blank" gaps between cabinet 2 and 3.

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

In the old days of Merlin I would have never left a blank but according to Avaya and local tech staff this is now ok.
Go figure. Thanks tdaugirdas for your prompt response.

Well, yes, there was a CONFIGURATOR, but it wasn't a spread sheet. In fact, it's probably still around.

The original was written in Unix, and a later version was developed for dealers and was Web Based.

It would allow a sales person to enter the parameters they were trying to meet and would "CONFIGURE" a Legend/Magix for them, with prices and things.

It would not allow you to "over-config" a system.

But, back to this design.

I know you can leave blanks, but I wouldn't.

Also, is the layout shown the one you have now?

If not, I would probably recommend a few changes.

Merlinman this is the current configuration. It was set up this way after a call to Avaya. They requested that I redistribute "high powered" cards. Slot eleven is now blank but it originally housed my v/m card. Slot 14 was a 100 dcd module I removed altogether to address a system capacity (percieved) problem. My spelling improves after I submit post.

Well, you can check unit loads.

The POCKET REFERENCE has a guide for doing that.

Life is never that simple.
The big problem began with trying to determine how many unit loads an MLX set takes. We calculated one per set and it was actually two which blew up the configuration count. Let me know if you ever come across that configurator this math stuff is kickin my rear.

IT used to be called ELF (easy legend forms) I used to have it but lost it in a hard drive crash. It was never updated to magix modules, so in this case it would not do too much good. Someone better versed in Excel could probably use it as a basis for a EMF.

~Don~

If you are a member of the Avaya List on Yahoo groups (mostly Definity oriented), ELF is in the files section.

is there any workaround (or wire-around ??) for not having to have a 4499-pwr auxiliary power supply with a 4424ld+ station set (no DSS) ??

thanks in advance....

You need some kind of auxiliary power supply - or the display will not work. You could use a 1151A1 - but you need to make a special cord to change transformer power from pins 7 and 8 (on an RJ45 jack) to pins 3 and 4 on an RJ11.

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back