Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

merlin magix can not transfer directly in VM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 17, 2003

I can not get a merlin magix so if the user wishes to put a person directly into another persons voice mail they can without the call having to ring into it.

any suggestions??? Thanks in advance!!

Press transfer, dial #56 then the voice mailbox you wish to transfer to, then hangup. This can be accomplished with a button by programming a button with the feature code *56. You would use it to transfer a caller by pressing the programmed buttoned above (no transfer 1st) then dial the vm box to transfer the caller to then hangup. The feature is called Direct to Voice Mail.

tried that.. when the user hits transfer #56 then the ext, the user hears turkey tones and the person on the other end going into vm hears ringing but the VM never comes on. ??

Make certain the extension is in the group cover handled by the voicemail system, usually cover group 30.

Pepperz@charter.net

Try removing it from the vm coverage group and then putting it back in. I just had that problem myself last week (new vm install, old Legend).

If you are using a feature code and not programming a button do this:

While on the call with the caller press [FEATURE] then [5][6] (the call will automatically be put on hold)

Dial the extention number

Hang up:

Also the mailbox must be a Valid extention/adjunct number. You can not do a Direct VM transfer to a number that does not exist in the system numbering plan for either an extention or adjunct.

-Don

What type of vm do you have and how is it defined as a calling group in the Merlin? Also what release level is the software on the Merlin?

I have the same problem:
Merlin Magix R3.0 processor
Merlin Messaging R1.1.9 4 port
The direct VM button the telset and ext number don't work as in the described problem.
Any help will out there?
Thanks,
Sam

therealslimshady
Try putting a Direct Voice Mail button on the phone. While on the call, press the button and dial the ext. # and hang up.

If this isn't working on either of the above systems, the ext you are transfering to is either A: Not a valid ext or adjunct, B: Not in cover group 30, or C: Doesn't have a voice mail box. You also can not Direct to Voice Mail to the ext. that you're doing it from.

Make sure the phone you're transfering to is plugged in, Try re-programming the ext. into the cover group, and double check the mailbox.

KILLBOX

I think a DVM (Direct Voice Mail) button is the way to go.

However, I have been more than a little embarrassed when I start to teach a class, and DVM didn't work.

Things that contribute to that are everything listed above.

EXT Not in COVER GROUP that Goes to VM (Not always 30, by the way)

Cover group not assigned to VM group.

Ext with no mail box.

It's gotta' be one or more of the above.

But, as I said, I almost always program the extensions with a DVM button.

AND, contrary to what a lot of folks say as to how it works, I explain to my students that it is ANOTHER TYPE OF TRANSFER.

That is, you DO NOT HAVE TO TOUCH TRANSFER FIRST, just the DVM and Dial (or press the Auto Dial button) for the mail box you wish to dump the caller into.

As well, just to test the Direct Vm button, you as a user should be able to send yourself to a m/b by pressing the DVM button and dialing the ext desired and staying on the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back