Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Merlin Magix and Audix MWI Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

xjswx

Technical User
Feb 20, 2007
US
Hi all.

I am programming a Merlin Magix with a PRI using an Intuity Audix LX for voicemail. The customer has a request that I am not sure how to set up.

They have a D.I.D. range of 4100 - 4199. Most of the extensions are in the 3300 range. They do not want the 41XX D.I.D.'s to ring on the phones, but instead want them to go straight to a voicemail box, and then light up the corresponding 33XX extension.

What I have done so far is make all the D.I.D.'s the customer doesn't want to ring as Adjucts and put those in the voicemail coverage group. That works fine. I can call in on the D.I.D. and it goes to voicemail. On the Audix I built the D.I.D. mailbox extension and tried associating that mailbox with the 33XX extension adding it to the Secondary Ext and Covering Ext fields in the user mailbox, but still cannot get the light to light up.

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance for your help.

But that whole setup is u-g-l-y.
It would make someone go...wtf.

to be clear....

4xxx DID > 4xxx phantom with group 30 coverage(vmail)
Set each MWI extension to the 3xxx physical extension owner.
Users check 4xxx mailbox.

CarGoSki,

UGly is not the word for it. but its what they want.

With that being said, I am looking at the subscribers mailbox and I cannot find the MWI station. There is only Secondary Ext. and Covering Ext. Would it be in another section other than the subscribers mailbox?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back