Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Merlin Magix 4400 series phones on Ip office. Does ot does it now work with base station cards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CPM86

IS-IT--Management
May 14, 2023
US
SO the reason I'm playing around with phones at home is to have a nice collection of different Avaya phones.
That is why I asked about supported external expansion modules.
Besides looking at Nortel phones. I'm looking at Merlin Magix phones.
But, i read on one website the 4400 series needs to be plugged into a External module
and does not work on the internal modules DS ports. Can anybody confirm this?
FYI I have two system both running version 8. One being a partner version and one being a essential version.

Thank You,

Josh

Correct, 4400 series phones were only supported on external expansion modules. I can't recall the reason, if its just one it might well work as "not supported" didn't always mean don't work. There may have been some issue about the power they drew if too many were put on a base card but easier from a support perspective just to say not supported.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

If you are looking for different phones look at getting some 6408D+ or 6416D+ they are fairly cheap now
I love those phones and have them all over my house. They are as robust as the Nortel sets and if someone breaks into your house you can beat them with the phone and it will still work.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

If you give more information you will get better answers. If you only give bits and pieces then you will get the same back and maybe not fitting your problem.

Once again thanks for the answers. One system I'm using for the house and the other system I'm playing with. So I wanted to collect up different phones. So when I read certain version of Magix phones was supported. I was like great. Until I ran across a pbx site that said they only worked on external unit. I might just have to order a phone and try it out.
As for repair. I work in IT and cleaning old phones / etc /etc is not an issue and no. I don't away from phone guys. I tell everybody. Don't do the phones. Let me give you a few
supplies to call to get you setup.

Thanks,

Josh

4406, 4424 and 4412 Phones work on the Digital Station 30 modules.
They don't work on the DS8 digital station card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back