Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Merlin Magix 016 T/R Static and Programing Extensions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim8582539

Technical User
Feb 16, 2019
US
I've seen some older posts on here in regards to a static issue on the Magix 016 T/R board and I have that problem....Has there been any solutions to that issue?
I have a Magix Rel 3.0 V7.0 and 016 T/R board #617F34 108514183, I've tried the power replacement and moving the board into a different slot with no luck, still static.

Also, I'm using WinSPM R9.0 and when I go into Telephone Programming for the extensions I have on the 016 T/R board, it shows the old ATL-34 programming/display. Very confused about that since I didn't think the old ALT telephones were supported on Magix. I remember reading that you were able to select a ringer equivalency, pulse dial and other things for programming T/R lines, but that isn't even an option.

Back it up and do a board renumber. Are you programming in the Standard SPM or Quick Access? Even though it is a single line telephone, it programs as if it has 32 buttons, so you can assign lines and features to it. Sorry, don't have a solution for static except to move to a different port, or replace the card if it is all ports on the card

Thanks for the info....I'm programming in Standard SMP and Quick Access. For some reason there are things I can do in Standard that I can't do in Quick Access. I've programmed Definity G3 systems a while ago and this is my first time with Magix....very different.

I've looked around and found a few board repair shops ranging from $50 to $75 for the 016 T/R....new/refurbished ones are up there in price...I'll probably pick up a refurbished 016 ETR board since I only need 5 or 6 standard T/R ports. I haven't done my research, but am I correct to assume the 6 ports on the 016 ETR do the same functions and programming as the 016 T/R board?

6 ETR ports can be configured as T/R. Remember to execute a Board Renumber and reconfigure up to six ports as T/R after swapping the boards.

I [love2] "FEATURE 00"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back