Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Merlin Magic 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhoneMan02

Technical User
Nov 15, 2011
US
A in coming international call ties up all 7 lines on the system. Can I prevent that?

How are incoming international calls supposed to be routed? Are they being forwarded to some external telephone number? What type of telephone service is being used (POTS...ISDN/PRI...something else)?

I [love2] "FEATURE 00"

The other international calls we get don't cause a problem. This caller is a debt collector. He brags about being able to do this and uses foul language.

The caller may be using some sort dialer so he can place multiple calls concurrently to the same terminating number. You could contact your local service provider and see if they offer some sort of blocking/filtering feature.

I [love2] "FEATURE 00"

With IP Office you can trap a number and send it to a busy signal.
Perfect for this exact situation.
Naturally that is not the pbx you own.

Do you actually owe this bill collector or is this guy simply trying to get you to pay for him to go away?

CarGoSki: The bill collector asks to talk to a individual who works with us. That person ask the bill collector to send her the information but they said no they wanted payment over the phone. So yes I think they want her to pay them to go away. And it's been happening off and on for severalmonths now.

If you have a PRI/T1 for your Voice service, you can get rid of him.. Put the (his) number(s) in the PRI settings (Dial Plan Routing Table) and point it somewhere cool,like an announcement that tells him to BITE ME, and never call me at work again!
or any other interesting endpoint ....

MrTelecom1
Re-Living the AT&T/Lucent/Avaya issues since 1979!

I didn't know that you can trap by CLI on a PRI in a Merlin.
I have never heard of that being done before.

I seriously doubt that DIAL PLAN ROUTING can accomplish this. It is for incoming calls, however, it is used to ROUTE a particular incoming CALLING PATTERN (NOT CALLER ID) to an internal DIAL PLAN NUMBER.

That is, if a call comes in for (Last 4 Digits) of 9980, and you want it to route to extension 789, the DIAL PLAN ROUTING TABLE can do this. But it has NOTHING to do with Caller ID.

If MRTel knows how to do this, please post a step by step set of instructions.

-merlinmansblog.blogspot.com

I doubt it can be done since I believe that would have been part of NI2 integration if the engineers had proceeded with Merlin PRI development. I think the poster in mistaken in his thought process.

Apologies Folks!
I think the poster..., *ME*, was mistaken in his thought too ...
sorry for the delay, was out of town on a Lil Definity gig, and just got back home.

I STAND Corrected!! after I read it .., and thought about what I did in the past,
Dial plan routing was used on CO's/numbers that were PORTED to a PRI.

You boys are all correct it will not route based on caller ID!
**** I put myself on the Firing Line ... Shoot at Will! **** [nosmiley]

MrTelecom1
Re-Living the AT&T/Lucent/Avaya issues since 1979!

all incoming calls are routed to the auto attendant to listen to a recording at which time they can enter the extension they want on wait for the operator to answer. We will changing to a Cisco VoIP System in December.
Thank You every one for your responses!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back