Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Merlin legend 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jd925

Technical User
Jul 16, 2003
US
Hi Please help me! i just got a merlin legend for my school. We need to instal it ASAP. I am familire with Definity as i have worked with it for years buy have no idea about Legend. Could somone please tell me how to program the system. And where i could get programing manuals. I am hopping that i can find a site with there there I have looked and cant affored the 70 dollar manuals does any one have any ideas on that? Thanks any help i can get is appreciated.

Thanks a few other ?s i cant find.

Can i make is so 9 is dialed for an outside line?

Thanks

Jake

Also can i just use 2 pair for the phones if not what is the pairs? 4? 6? 8? thanks again

Jake

Set the system to hybrid mode for dial 9 access. MLX phones will run on 2 pairs, except for the attendant position MLX-20L should have all 4 pairs run to it. All Merlin phones need at least 3 pairs.

Brian Cox

Thanks Brian for your help.

Jake

Now that i figured out how to get into the system. Can anyone tell me I want to just dial the extension So can i set it this way

Pick up the reciver and dial the extension

Dial 9 to get an outside line?

Thank you all

Jake

Hi jake6758,
After you download the manuals from Avaya's site, go thru the System Manager's Guide. It gives a very good overview of the Legend system and what manuals to look in for info!

Hope this helps!
.....JIM......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back