Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Merlin Legend w/ cordless phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcox303

IS-IT--Management
Aug 8, 2002
US
I'm have a little problem, I'd like to use coverage to ring my primary extension and an analog cordless phone at the same time. My desk phone is a MLX-10DP. My understanding is that the covering phone needs to have a button programmed on it for that feature which the cordless phone doesn't have. If I can't do that, I'd like to use the forward feature, but I need to increase the amount of rings before going to voice mail, it takes the base a little time to find the cordless phone. Thanks for any help!

To change the number of rings before being sent to voice mail I am assuming you are using group coverage for the voice mail application.

Go through SPM, following Extensions-->Cover Delay-->Group. Enter in the sender's extension, then the number of rings (between 1 and 9 rings). You can also change the number of rings before forwarding too if you want.

I'm not using group calling, each ext has it's own voice mail, but I could. How exactly does that work. Thanks!

Typically you have a coverage group that would be comprised of your physical voice mail ports. The group number defaults to 770 I believe. Then the senders would be all of your extensions that require voice mail coverage. When there is no answer after a certain number of rings (4 is the default) then the coverage group takes the call. The call routes to 770 and an available voice mail port answers the call.

If your system already has working voice mail then chances are your setup is already something like this. Do a system printout to verify. From SPM go through SysProgram-->Print and then just print All to get a complete listing of how your system is setup. If you aren't familiar with your system's setup this is a good idea for a starting point.

If you just want call forwarding delayed then go through SPM to SysProgram-->Extensions-->Delay Frwd. Then enter in the extension # that's the sender. Then enter in the number of rings (between 0 and 9 rings).

As far as the cordless phone goes, when you go into Centralized Programming, it "looks" like an MLX keyset. You will find 2 SA-Ring buttons, and an SA-Outgoing button on the first three "buttons". Just select the 4th "button" and make it a Primary Coverage button for your keyset, with Immediate Ring.

Ctrl-F4 -->List Feature -->Coverage -->Primary -->Enter -->[Dial your keyset's extension number] -->Enter

Now, when your keyset rings, so does your cordless!

Gregarican has given you the correct info on changing the delay before voice mail covers.

I am using a similar application to the original post, and would sometimes like to DND my analog cordless phone out.

Is there a feature code to DND an analog port on an 012 card?

I can't seem to find it anywhere!

Thanks!

ADXCOMM,
Do Not Disturb is not available on single line telephones.

franke

IT can be done, it's just that the requirement is SUPPOSED to be a button with lights.

IF it is VERY IMPORTANT TO YOU, I can tell you how.

I'd rather do it in an email though.

merlinman, i'd love to have that info for my arsenal... you can email to nospam at resi dot com.

thanks!
Joshua

merlinman,

I sure would appreciate it!

I came up with a possible workaround/solution, but would be interested to see what you come up with.

please email it to areynolds at adxcomm dot com.

I've set up a calling group for my desk and cordless, and log the cordless out of the calling group when I don't want it to ring... But it isn't the seamless solution that I was looking for.

If you have a better idea, let me know.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back