Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Merlin Legend setting up DID

Status
Not open for further replies.

zgnf05

IS-IT--Management
Jun 20, 2011
US
I have installed a extension and it works internally and I need to setup the Direct Inward Dialing for the extension. I looked at my winspm and do not see an option for setting this up. I also looked at the various reports offered but none of them seem to generate a report like the pri report.

Do you have Analog DID trunks, a T1, or a PRI?

What is the extension number of the new phone?

What is your DID range?

How many digits is the phone company sending on DID calls?

The easiest way is to renumber the new extension to match the digits being sent from the phone company, but other factors may prevent that.

Do you have Analog DID trunks, a T1, or a PRI? Think we have some Analog and PRI is there a good way to tell?

What is the extension number of the new phone? 8147

What is your DID range? Good question is there a way to find this out?

How many digits is the phone company sending on DID calls? Another good question is there a way to find this as well?

Sounds like the best way to find out is hire an experienced tech who can look at your equipment and pull reports to sort it out!

Print the results of a "System Setup" report--that will tell us what blades are in your PBX. From that alone, we should be able to say with a lotta confidence which service you subscribe to. Once THAT'S known, the answer to your question will come quickly.

Tim Alberstein

I ran a System Inventory this is Legend 6.1 v11.0 mode Hybrid/PBX

Carrier 1
slot 0 Processor
slot 1 408 GLM-U
slot 2 408 GLM-U
slot 3 008 MLX-U
slot 4 008 MLX-U
slot 5 800 DID

Carrier 2
slot 6 016 TRR
slot 7 008 OPT
slot 8 012

OK, your inventory shows a D-I-D module.

Therefore, you basically only need 1 thing to make this work:

Your extension has to be in the RANGE of the D-I-D numbers being delivered.

That being said, the programming you would need to do would be to RENUMBER the extension to be within that range.

However, if all of the D-I-D numbers have been used up (they are usually sold in banks of 20) then you would need to purchase additional numbers from the Service Provider.

Thanks for the help in looking at how to program I ran across an extension I did not know we had so I moved it over to the new office and fixed that issue for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back