Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Merlin Legend r6.1 caller id not working with proper cards 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

telecomtek66

Technical User
May 25, 2005
CA
I have a Legend with two 408GLS/LS ID cards in slots 1 & 2. On incoming calls the user sees "no caller id" when the main number (line 1) or any of the first 8 lines are called. The customer does subscribe to Calling Line ID. Can anyone provide any assistance/suggestions?

Thanks!!!

I'd take a little caller ID box and temporarily connect in front of Legend, just to verify that telco is sending CLID. Also, ensure that user/auto attend is not answering call before CLID is sent - between first and second ring from telco.
Mike

You should check to see if Caller ID delay has been set to "on" in system programming. This option prevents the line from ringing at an extension until the second ring - which allows enough time for the Caller ID information to be transmitted.

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

More info....re Legend with caller id. The lines definitely have caller id - it was tested before getting to the Legend. Caller id works outbound but the telephones are not getting it inbound. The receptionist is answering after the second ring. Any other suggestions?

Tom, I did check this and tried to enter the system into the LS/ID Delay but couldn't. The docs said that the trunks had to be attached to an 800GS/LS ID card in order for me to enter them into LS/ID Delay. I did ensure that the lines were not pooled as well before trying to enter them into LS/GS ID delay. Thanks.......

What happens when the lines ring now? Do they go to an extension or directly to a voice mail attendant? You can also set ring delay on each individual extension - but it is more tedious. Set each one for a single or two ring delay - that should solve your Caller ID display problem.

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

That is my next step - has to be done after hours though. Lines are answered live. They have a DLC. I did ask the receptionist to answer on the third ring but she still did not receive the caller id. Will keep you posted!!
Thanks......

Are you sure your two 408 modules are caller ID capable? What does the system inventory say for these two cards? I am also not that familiar with the processor software release you have (R6.1). The newest release (R7, V14.2) allows setting Caller ID delay in the system for 408 ID modules with no problem. Are the lines in the system all set to "loop" vs. "ground" start?

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

Ahh! One thing I missed in your description. It sounds like the lines are all in a pool setup. Is that true for the DLC operator as well? The normal default would be all lines visible with a button per line on the operator's phone. I am not sure you will see Caller ID info in a pool set up unless the call is transfered by the VM AA or the live operator to a given extension.

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

My system inventory does identify the cards as 408 GLM/U. The lines are definitely loop start and this release does support caller id. The lines are pooled but not on the console.

Does the front label on the 408 GS/LS MLX card say "GS/LS-ID-MLX" or not? If not, the GLM/U designation means the module is "upgradeable" to Caller ID - but the modules may or may not have been upgraded - which requires a firmware patch.

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

The actual label says 408 GS/LS-ID. I changed the lines to delayed ring but am still not receiving any caller id. At this point I'm thinking of switching out the cards (at least one anyway). There is caller id outbound so it must either be the cards or the processor.

Checking the Pocket Reference for the Legend systems, under Release 7.0 enhancements, you'll find this:

"Release 7.0 software also supports the Caller ID capability of the 408 GS/LS-ID-MLX module. Although previously orderable, the Caller ID capability of this module could not be used until Release 7.0 software became available."

You may be looking at upgrading your processor.

The Pocket Reference is available at

TouchToneTommy is correct - as always. Prior to Release 7.0 processor software, Caller Id only works with an 800 GS/LS ID module - so you do need to upgrade your processor's software in order for the 408 ID cards to work properly. Once you upgrade - you will also be able to set Caller ID Delay through system programming.

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back