Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

merlin legend r4.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

vjrvjr

Programmer
Feb 5, 2013
US
Have a merlin legend r4.2 processor went bad, the only back up is on the pcima card. Is there any way to move or copy to r6 or r7 processor

Well, not exactly, but Kinda' Sorta'.

Since you say the R4 is toast, then you would have to get another one, load the translations on it from the PCMCIA Card, and then DOWNLOAD AND CONVERT THEM using a Computer with WINSPM installed and a 355A (or AF) adapter.

I know that's not what you wanted to hear, but R4 (and for that matter) R6 and/or R7 Processors are pretty cheap now.

But no, you can't just load the PCMCIA Card into a later version of Processor.

Thx for the info. I can't that rel 4 processor do you know any one to try? Is there no way get that file on a windows pc to then use winspm to convert without processor?

I believe that WinSPM is designed to extract programming from the processor rather than directly from the PCMCIA card. If another R4 cannot be located, upgrading to an R7 processor and programming from scratch might be the way to go.

I [love2] "FEATURE 00"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back