Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Merlin Legend Processor Card Exchange

Status
Not open for further replies.

joekro

MIS
May 21, 2001
US
Hello,

We had The SMDR port go bad on our Proccessor (V 6.1 V11.1.) I'm trying to replace it out with a R7 V12 board. I backup up the system to the card. shut the system down. Installed Card in new processor board. Installed the new board and the system came up. I quickly figured out I needed to connect my programming phone to the first port. I tried the restore and it seemed like it was working but then received a message 'Change system programming port to extension before restoring' I then went to renumbering and renumbered using scheme we use 'hold space' or something like that. Then I renumbered the programming 'holding space' to an extension #. then Finally changed the system programming port to this number. This obviously did not work. tried to change the programming port to several other extensions with no luck. Not sure what it is asking me to do. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Joe

First, you're not going to be able to take the PCMCIA card from the R6 and restore to the R7.

You need WinSPM, connect to the R6, and backup to your PC, then run the "convert" utility on that file on your pc, to make it compatible with an R7. Then you connect to the R7 and restore it from the converted file.

Your programming port (for the 20L programming phone) can be any of the 1st 5 ports. Default is the 1st port. Apparently it has been changed on the R6. You would change the R7 to use the same port before restoring. I would also put it in the same mode, default numbering plan, and same Operator positions as well.

Thanks Tommy, I have an old version of SPM someplace but I guess I'll have to pickup WINSPM. Will the latest version be ok (?). Any recommendations on where to buy it or do you sell it? I see you'r a vendor.

Joe

Download the WinSPM R4 to R5 patch from Avaya.com. Install that patch. After installation, download the newer release patch upgrades and install them, one by one to update the software to R9. Then you can follow TouchToneTommy's instructions.

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

Downloaded and installed. Connected to system. Backed up data then converted. Will try processor swop over weekend.

Thanks for all your help.

JK

can't remember if R6 allows you to reset the port like R7 under maintenace look at port then reset port 1 RS232 , did you try first with Hyper terminal, to make sure it is the pross, just went thur last week with cust who claimed it was the pross, turn out to be customer's serial port

Hello,

We finally had an off day to swop out the processor board. I coverted the R6 backup to R7. Installed the new board and restored the backup. All seemed OK but yesterday we had several customer complaints when calling in the automated attendent answered (with no message) and put the caller right to music on hold. Customer seems stuck and needs to hang up. Also the system seems stuck in night mode. The button on the receptionist phone toggles (light) but the day menu and annoucment does not come on.

What am I missing?

Thanks.

Joe

Joe: Sometimes in a "restore" not all of the programming transfers intact. Is date/time correct in both the system and voicemail? I would also double-check the programming related to the voicemail system. Is the voicemail calling group still intact re port members? If using overflow group(s) - are they still intact with the correct lines attached and the correct overflow parameters?

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

Thanks Tom. The voicemail group was messed up. I added the port members now the day/night works. I'm hoping it takes care of the other problem but I guess I won't know until someone complains.

THANKS.

Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back