Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Merlin Legend Merlin Legend 012

Status
Not open for further replies.

phones001

Vendor
Nov 25, 2002
US
I have a client who's installing tech has recently died and they want us to help them fix their system that has the following cards in it from left to right.

1 - Power Supply
1 - Processor
1 - 6 port digital card
2 - 800 CO Cards
2 - 012 with ring gen. cards
1- Ring Generator Power Supply which takes up two slots
2 - 012 without ring gen. cards.

Many ports on the 012 without ring gen. cards are not working and we want to replace them. The question is are these interchangeable with the with ring gen. cards? My fear is because they are to the left of the second power supply that the installer wrote Ring Gen. on it that if we replace the 012 without ring gen. with new 012 cards with ring gen. there will be a problem.

See picture.

Thanks in advance

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=5e5369d0-bc8d-492c-a162-473ba1f84af0&file=IMG_20190604_111934131.jpg
you can do either card as the ring gen card will allow the ports to ring where as the non ring gen card will not ring ports. Ring gen just means if a ring generator is installed in the card or not.
Mike

Thanks for the reply. My concern is if I replace the non ring gen. cards with ones with the ring gen built in does it create two ring gens as there is a ring gen power supply in the slot to the left and harm the card in any way?

Why would they (Lucent) make an SLT card without a ring gen built in?

You can swap ring gen 012's for the non ring gen modules that are not working. The really old power supplies used to supply the ring gen to the 012 modules. The newer power supplies no longer do that and so the modules themselves need the ring gen to work properly. If you swapped the power supply out recently for a newer supply that could be why the 012 are no longer working. Bottom line, put the 012 with ring gen's into the system and they will work.

The 012-card also supplies 2-TTR's (Touch Tone recievers) used w/Voicemail & to turn "Message waiting" lights on & off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back