Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Merlin Legend line problem... 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

KMCGRATH

Technical User
Mar 18, 2004
US
...We have a release 3.19 system at one of our sites. Yesterday, I was onsite changing the auto attendant and one of our employees told me that he could not answer one of the line appearances on his MLX-28D set. I checked it out and even tried replacing it, but the problem remained. The green light on the button would light up, but when I pressed the button, nothing. I used the INSPECT key and nothing came up on the display, not even BLANK. I went into WinSPM and saw that line 813 along with lines 803 and 848 were programmed on the extension (x609). There was no problem with the other two lines on the set. I changed the principal user from x677 to x609 for line 813, but that did nothing. I also checked to see if the line was in a pool and it was not. Now I am totally flabergasted. Any assistance would be GREATLY appreciated.

I think you have a bad flex board in that set.

Swap it with a known working set and see what happens.

I would be willing to bet that set will fail where ever you connect it.

What exactly is the flex board? I am more familiar with the programming than the hardware side. Is it one of the MLX boards?

The flex board is inside the particular phone. What Merlinman is suggesting is that the phone you have is "kaput". If you have another phone of the same type - plug it in at this phone's location. If the problem is solved - then you need to get the original phone repaired or replaced.

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

I actually did replace the MLX-28D with another one and the same problem was occuring. Who knows? Maybe my replacement was bad, too. Should I try a third phone set?

Did you check the processor error log - to see if there was a problem with that particular line - like "No Loop Current"?

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

What happened when you put the SUSPECTED "BAD" set at the location of the KNOWN WORKING ONE?

I will be back onsite early next week with an unused MLX-28D. I will update then. Thanks for all of the input so far!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back