Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Merlin Legend Confused VM Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

quiklearnr

Technical User
Jan 28, 2011
US
Incoming calls on X4031 ring roughly 3x and can be answered at MLX-10DP set. If not picked up in time, they goto VM X4044... X4044 & its' VM work fine...'Follow Me' & 'Forwarding' are not active...Details on X4031 show that it thinks it's X4044 and these two are adjacent stations on 408GS/LS-MLX module in slot 2....At Maint-Slot-Slot#**-Status-Errors, all modules EXCEPT in Slot 2 have 'no errors'....Processor has PCMCIA card & I think I've done a backup to my notebook in WIMspm 9.0... Do I simply need to perform a power down reset and see what happens?

Thanks in advance for your Tech-ness!
Brian

So, you're saying that Extension 4044 gets the voicemail for calls to 4031, right?

What do you mean by the "Details on X4031 show that it thinks it's X4044"?

Your description confuses me as well.

-merlinmansblog.blogspot.com

Yes. X4044 gets the voicemail for X4031...at the 20L console(or in the WINspm software) I can goto Maintenance, Port, Station, Ext. 4031, Status, and see that 4031 shows up as station 4044 & dial plan 4044(both incorrect), but still shows the correct slot-port of 0207... X4044 just happens to be on slot-port 0206 which is the RG45 cable entry next to 0207...cabling back to both phone sets has been verified and I've swapped out each phone set with a new MLX-10DP.

Neither - VM is a seperate PC-based add-on...Octel 50

I'm sure you'll find the phones are covering to the Octel, and it's within the Octel where a different mailbox is answering.

TouchToneTommy, I have checked w/ Octel tech about this issue and went over the entire VM config step-by-step checking for cross-pollination between ext. 4031 and 4044. Found everything okay there.

I am in the process of getting the Legends' config and dialing plan ready to send to y'all....thanks for your help deciphering!

Did you print both the stations like merlinman suggested? A stare and compare might point something out...

Yes...did the print. I ended up not attaching it to here, but did get it in front of someone I call 'Yoda'...who coached me through a file compare. Ultimately, we ended up physically moving x4031 to an open port on an available module where we re-created the original extension properties. Now, at last, all is well on this planet Merlin Legend except for understanding what caused the situation in the first place - although I do have theory:

There was a LD ph# saved on the tel set on button '34' that ended with the last four digits (4044) of the ext. that was receiving x4031's VM. Isn't there a 'forwarding' feature on the MLX-10DP that is coded '34'?....hmmmm. Regardless, thanks for everyones' help...I literally checked here every chance I had to see what I could try next based on your recommendations. Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back