Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Merlin Legend CKE3 Processor R7 V12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jd925

Technical User
Jul 16, 2003
US
Hi i am looking for advice.

I want to buy a Merlin Legend CKE3 Processor R7 V12 from EBAY. i now have a R1 pros with the following.

Qty 3 * 408 GS/LS MLX * 4 Port Ground Start or Loop Start, 8 MLX Ports

Qty 2 * 012 * 12 Port Basic Telephone

Will that V-7 pros work with my system? Thanks for your advice.

Yes, But with the CKE 3 processor you will not be able to use the 016 MLX cards.

-Don

Thanks for your assistance.

Jake, sounds like someone upgraded a CKE3 to R7 and is trying to pass it off for more money. You can use a CKE4 or better to run the 016 mlx cards. If you use the same link I sent you in Email, you can look at the manuals for Legend and Magix on line and check the differences between versions.

Ken Hurd
Shoreline Communications LLC

Thanks. I will look around at the differences All we relly want is to be able to have caller ID with name. Its a must in the main office and i dont want seperate boxes

I believe that for caller ID to work you will need the 408 GS/LS ID MLX cards.

Yes thats correct thanks i looked that up when i lookied into r 7 a 408 GS/LS ID is needed for the CID feature.
Thanks

jake6758

You indicated that the 012 were 012 basic packs. You did not inidicate if they were the ones with ring generator or not. If you upgrade and you change out power supplies, which typically is done in this type of upgrade, you will need to make sure that continue to use power supplies with a ring generator, unless the 012 packs say that they have a ring generator.

Thanks i am just upgradin the prossesor and one card for CID nothing else so it should work with the ringers ( thats what i was told anyway) hope the sellers correct Thanks JAke

I just went through a similar upgrade. Everything is working fine with the exception of not being able to dial a system speed number from a single line phone. If you are interested, see my other thread on that topic.

My configuration appears to be exactly the same with the exception that I have 1 012 module in my system.

Evan

Jake,

I also purchased one of these R7/CKE3 systems off of eBay. It worked during initial testing but when the system started to get heavy use I would receive 'processor overflow' errors and incoming calls would go direct to the operator instead of being routed to the AA like they usually are.

I upgraded the processor to CKE5 and it fixed the problem. Also, many of the (40) sets I received with this system are B version MLX-10Ds and have the sleepy set problem. We have been experimenting with cleaning the oxidized contacts or replacing the flex circuits to get them working.

Overall at $2000 the (40) extension system was agood buy on eBay just be aware of the limitations.

John

I myself have cleaned the flexi board 3 times and the set works fine for a while then falls asleep again. Anybody replace these and have good luck with them not falling asleep???

The only way to clear the sleepy set problem is to replace
the membrane..they cost about $22.00 each. Cleaning the
membrane is a waste & a cheap way to attempt to clear the
problem.
The R3 cke3 processor can be purchased for as little as
$75.00 w/ warranty (not Ebay) and be upgraded to a R7.0142
for as little as $50.00.
If your going the Ebay route to purchase equipment, I don't
think you have to worry about getting a 0x16 mlx pack cheap. The CKE3 processor will handle most system configs.
I have upgraded dozens of CKE3 to R7.0142 and had no problem with any older Merlin 2 or Legend cp's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back