Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Merlin Legend - check who is signed in using ES2? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 8, 2003
US

Merlin Legend R7,

Calling group to server as backup for reception, ES2 buttons programmed on MLX phones.

Operator Console is MLX-20L and DSS attached.

Is there a way to see who is signed in?

Hoping there is a way to either view on MLX-20 screen or on DSS.

Thanks!

Yes, Have the Recep set up as a CALLING GROUP SUPERVISOR.

Then she can Press FEATURE, Dial 32, and press HOLD, and she is monitoring logged in status of the calling group members.

Thanks, Merlinman.

How would one setup the MLX-20L as calling group supervisor?

When using the feature 32 + hold, I see it go into supervisor mode and see lights on DSS, but it seems like there are more lights lit up than members of calling group I'm looking to monitor so something is not quite right.

Thanks, again.

One more add on -- is there a way to make calling group ring different on agent's phones so they can tell if a call is being sent from calling group?

Thanks!

The signed in status monitoring seems to be working on the MLX-20L and DSS. The extra lights on were on page 2 of DSS and after the end of our current user extensions so while I'm not sure why they are on, they can at least be identified as separate.

LIGHTS:

SOLID Green means LOGGED IN. (#44)

FLASHING Green means AFTER CALL WORK. (#45)

RED means Talking.

SOLID Green PLUS RED means LOGGED IN & TALKING.

FLASHING Green PLUS RED means AFTER CALL WORK & TALKING.

RINGING: - No, always sounds the same.

Just label the CALLING GROUP and let them read the label.

Thanks, MerlinMan

DSS only has one red light next to each extension. Red on in supervisor mode means signed in. Off means signed out. This is working ok. Extensions spill over onto page 2 of DSS, but after the extensions of actual users end there is a break in "on lights", then there are 8 lights lit up in a row.

Thanks for confirming the ringing. Couldn't find anything but wanted to make sure.

calling group label would work if only they had display phones. Alas, these are MLX-10's not 10D's. It's like the stone age or at least 1992 when this system was installed. They have gotten their money out of it, though, and it's kind of amazing that the thing has lasted so long.

Cheers!

Well, the LED operation I described is what you get on a DUAL LED Button, such as an auto dial on an MLX Set.

But since you have too many, then the DSS only does what it does.

If you only had a few agents, it Auto Dials would work great.

The Legends last a long time, with failures more due to power and lightening than old age.

Another problem is people put stuff on top of them and let them get hot. That shortens their life as well.

Merlinman, while we're on the subject; is there any software available for a customer who wants to track agent's time on/off call status, number of calls answered, etc? In the past CAS software was available from Lucent.

Alex

Well there are several CAS Softwares out there.

But, if you just use CAS, you have to "figure out" agent times and it's not all that accurate.

TASKE can do this job quite accurately because it uses the CTI Data of all things done in/by the switch to develope its reports.

However, it costs in the TENS OF THOUSANDS of Buck$.

Thanks for the reply. Is TASKE a product of Interactive Northwest?

Thanks for the reply. Do you know who markets the TASKE solution?

No, but I'll bet they can tell you.

Or maybe even you can become a direct.

First I would like to say "I love this site". Very helpful!

Would you happen to know if the Magix 4.0 has Agent ID's for a calling group. We have a situation where multiple people will cover a particular phone, and would like to give them credit for the calls they take.

Thanks!

Yes - Agent ID'd are available - specifically to deal with the issue you describe. You probably need to download the Magix R4 Feature Manual from the Avaya.com website.

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back