Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Merlin Legend and Exchange 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

joekro

MIS
May 21, 2001
US
Hello,

Is there a way to do unified communications with exchange 2007 or at the least have notification sent to a users in box when a voice mail arrives?

Merlin Legend R7 V12 w/
007 MLM

If not, is there an affordable upgrade (maybe to a Magix processor) that would give me this ability?

Thanks for your time.

Joe

As far as I know - unified messaging stopped working when Exchange 2003 had the June 2006 patch applied. I don't believe anyone has gotten it to work with Exchange 2007 - and you would need to upgrade to a Magix R4 Messaging and Magix R4 processor firmware. You would probably be better off with an IP Office and VM Pro - but it is expensive.

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

Thanks, This was the answer I expected but did not want to hear.

Seems strange though that MS would break it and not fix it. I guess there must have not been any large customers using the combination or there was a major security hole.

I think we are in the situation many people are in. The legend system works fine for us and can't find enough justification to replace it.

Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back