Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Merlin blade is freakin out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cakestick

IS-IT--Management
Jul 25, 2003
US
Hello-

I am currently helping to plan a Merlin Legend installation, R7 V11 w/ some old 408 blades for some BIS phones. One of the blades, when two or more outside lines have been plugged in, rings continuously to one of the internal phones. When the phone is picked up, dial tone is received. However, when the phone is hung up, it does not flash. Picking it up again after a few seconds, the dial tone will still be present, or it will be disconnecting with operator message (please hang up and dial again..)

Does anyone have any idea what's going on? I remember I was asked to fix the same exact problem years ago at another site, and I had no idea. Help!

P.S. The whole idea is to not send this blade out for service, fyi

I'm enjoying the term "Blade", stolen from the computer server business.

Perhaps you have a bad board, but have you done a Board Renumber to make it happy? Anytime you exchange boards, you have to "renumber" them, because they know what position they are supposed to be installed in, and get confused when they are installed in a different slot.

If that doesn't work, get another; they are cheap.

BLADE, perhaps we can all change our lingo, BINGO !

I agree with jlshelton, do a board renumber, and PLEASE let us know what happens.....

If you throw one of these accross the room, would it be a slingblade?

When installed correctly in a merlin switch, it's obviously a switchblade.

If it's broken, it's a used blade and should be discarded.

If it just needs renumbering, perhaps it's a rusty blade.

Well, I've had just that problem, "stuck ringing" on 412 TDL cards in Magix systems. It's a bad card, and in my case, the problem didn't show up for 2 years until the customer added another line. Now its past warranty, although it was probably defective from the start. Moral of the story, on new equipment, check ALL the ports when you're done installing it.

what type of processor do you have in the system CKE4 or 5. I didn't think that ATL Blades were supported on R7, I've done a lot of software upgrades on Legend/Magix and thats the first type of board they tell you to take out. And can I ask why you're using 20 year old phones on a new installation.

J,

I am nominating MOLDY BLADE for "If it just needs renumbering, perhaps it's a rusty blade".

Thx, Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back