Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Meridian Traffic Output

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtw102

Programmer
Jan 23, 2002
US
I need to know if the numbering format is the same on all Meridian traffic ouputs. For example, I have found that the 'blocks' of numbers on a given line of traffic data are very often either in groups of 5 or 7 like this:

00000 0000045 00000 00003

On any given line, would the cooresponding line on another traffic output from a different switch on the same or different option have the same length for each block of numbers? If not, where can I find information about the differences. I am writing a script that will pull certain pieces of information out of these outputs and am hoping to be able to find the data based on line number and length of each block.

mtw102,

I myself don't know, but if you don't get a positive response here, you might want to try comp.dcom.sys.nortel. You can get there via google groups. Also, has a nortel newsgroup that is frequented by some very knowledgable people.

Good luck!

pansophic

what kind of script are you writing ? Is it in Protel or some other language ?

Ravneet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back