Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Meridian to Valcom V-2924A 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

jodonnel

Technical User
Aug 12, 2008
US
We have connected a Meridian Phone System to a Valcom V-2924A. The paging system works fine in the 10 Zones we are using except for the following. The problem we are having is there is a 4 second delay from when the access code is dialed to when the Valcom allows the user to transmit their page. This is causing problems because people forget about the delay and the first part of their page is not being transmitted. Valcom is telling me that the Meridian switch is not programmed correctly. If I hook a butt set on the input the page is transmitted immediately so I am inclined to believe them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

jodonnel...how do you have the switch programmed?as an
extension or as trunk ?can you post the info on switch?

no problems only solutions

strmwalker

I am not the phone guy but am in charge of the paging system. I believe it is programmed as a PAG trunk. I'll get with our phone guy and see if he will give me the info and I post it. Thanks.

Check your EOD (end of dial) timer in the route. I believe 4096 is what you may need

you do have the v-2924a dip switches at default setup
like whats on page 11 in the install manual ?

strmwalker

here is the way i have my trunk programmed and it work
without any problems.

TN 004 0 00 07
TYPE WAT
CDEN 8D
CUST 0
XTRK XUT
TIMP 600
BIMP 3COM
TRK ANLG
NCOS 0
RTMB 10 1
NITE
SIGL LOP
SUPN NO
AST NO
IAPG 0
CLS UNR DTN WTA LPR APN THFD
P10 TRC
TKID
AACR NO
DATE 6 MAR 2008

strmwalker

Sorry I didn't read the name on last post. I don't need you route 10 Strmwalker

For Zone paging WAT Trunks are the only way to go, gives immediate cut through to page unit

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back