Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Meridian Script 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

janaya

IS-IT--Management
May 7, 2002
US
I am looking for a simplified script that will build analog phones. I have a script and can post if you want to take a look, but it's very complicated.

I want to take a spreadsheet that will have all the information for new phones. A bunch of them.

Anyone have any ideas or any scripts already written?

Any help would be appreciated.

John

I dont think it is my script lockign anyones screen, I think what he means is he tried to run it but it hung up on a waitfor and when it doesnt see the correct prompt from the PBX it still waits for it.

no my original thread hangs the viewing of this page. I get that error as well. my fault.

John

janaya, use the code brackets to stop that in the future, not a bid problem but they will stop the exe side from going crazy

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I'm new to scripts. Do you just write these commands in
"notepad" or "MS Word" for example?
Also what is the extension on a script file ? I am guessing
it is not ".txt"

in procomm pull up script editor, that will let you use the compile feature, that checks the script for errors withen the script syntex, the exten is was, then after a complie it saves as a wax. you can type the commands in any txt software, then when you run it, procomm will force a compile before it runs.. from procomm, also use the script record procedure, alt] to start and stop. a simple one to start with is logi, after you save it, go to edit, alt f3. that is a good way to learn commands.. one great shortcut i use is the meta keys, display them in the view screen, then define either script or commands for them.. then use them in scripts...example, my meta alt 2 is paste, procomm doesn't use the alt v, so if i need a paste for a script or during a change i use alt 2... after i prt a dnb, i highlight and copt the tn.. prt tnb alt 2, disu alt 3 chg 2616 alt 2... not a big thing but it keeps me from typing the tn 10 times and fat fingering it, nothing as fun as making changes on the wronge set

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thank you for the info. Will give it a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back