Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Meridian Option 81 - How to restrict inbound calls to extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

olympus41

IS-IT--Management
Sep 6, 2002
US
I am trying to restrict calls from going to an extension within our office. I want to set this phone up for outbound only.

Thanks

Enter in the CLS RDI or give the phone a number outside your numbering range.

Ronald

couple of was to do that, you can stop did using an idc table, you can block internal via 7 digit ext number. rdi works if you have that package turned on.

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

This is the error I get when trying to apply CLS RDI:
SUPP package 131 not equipped.

Lets get some more information here. Are you restricting all calls coming inbound to this set, outbound calls are for in house only, external, to a single route only??

You can accomplish some of what you want by making the set a hotline set, but need more info.

I want to block ALL incoming calls to this set. I want to allow outbound to any number from this set.

if you have mail you can setup a message, point i/c calls to it, saying... calls to this number are not allowed, then dissconnect them

The easiest way to do this is as previously stated, just make the DN of that set a 5 or more digit extension, this way it can not get outside calls (if your CO is sending 4 digits) then you don't have to worry about anything, plus if you have others the same way you can make them a range of 5 digit numbers and know instantly this phone doesnt take calls.

I agree with John, you can make this set have a DN that's not part of the DID range or a 5 digit number, but unfortuneatly it does allow in house calls to dial that number. Is that what you want?

You also can give the phone a Make Set Busy key (Key xx MSB)and activate it al the time.

add a msb key, press the key, and then null the key, see if the msb stays active?.. i use 7 digit numbers on guest phones, you could dial them, if you guess the number, i don't transmit the dn to display sets

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

In the last call center I worked in we had managers that had DID lines coming in, and every agent on the floor had a 5 digit extension, so they could never receive an incoming call on their set ( except the ACD calls) it is a simple solution

I agree with johnthephoneguy's advise. You need DN expansion PKG 150 to program internal directory numbers from a max of 4 to 7 per dn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back