Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Meridian Option 11C Display properties

Status
Not open for further replies.

camg

Technical User
Jun 12, 2003
CA
I've been thrown into the mix as "the" PBX guy but am very, very new to this. My first task is to rename each DN so that the phone matches the respective user (Using LD 95, thanks for the help btw). My problem is this:

When I look at the properties of a DN (LD 20, PRT, DNB), I'll see the NAME property of a DN with a different XPLN value from the last DN I queried. Some have XPLN set at 10, some 13 and some 6. When I try to change the NAME of that person, I am able to but I'm restricted to the value of the the XPLN. I've tried to modify this but I can't seem to find the proper load.

How can I change the limit of allowable characters for the first/last name on the phone display?

Thanks for any help.

What happens if you OUT the name and create NEW as opposed to CHG the name?

Mike

XLPN doesn't come up as an option unless you are creating the name as NEW. This has been a long running problem with Meridian. It is always better to OUT the previous name and then create it as NEW in LD 95.

Mike

just to add my bit

McGruff is on the money with his post but just to add to his, XPLN will default to the length of the name inputted at the time unless a value is entered, i always enter 24 that is also recommended in the NTP's... UK version..

Colin

Thanks guys,
Worked like a charm!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back