Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

meridian max

Status
Not open for further replies.

bv25

Vendor
Jan 1, 2003
US
Trying to configure MAX onto LAN, IP Address, subnet mask, and Gateway are properly configured. Having an issue with MAX pinging Gateway. Tested Transciever and cable attached to MAX. Rebooted MAX, and still can not access LAN. Can someone shed light on problem?

Thanks,
Bobby

Have you been able to ping the MAX ip from any computer on the LAN?, if not you maybe using wrong IP.

No i have not been able to ping max from another pc. I know the ip address for max has to be a staic ip;is there something else that i need to ask the administrator concerning the switches that max is plugged into?
thanks again.

This should not be a problem if you have done what you said.
If you have entered IP/subnet/gateway properly, rebooted MAX, tested transceiver there should not be a problem.
Try to make a smal network by attaching a small hub to MAX and connect your PC there after you have configured your pc with a IP in the same range as MAX, snd with the same gateway/subnet as MAX. If you then can ping MAX there is a problem with the customer LAN.

Yes, I did exactly that today and it worked. Come to find out, the admin chg the port in his switch from 100mbps to 10mbps and the max was working on the lan. The transciever i was using was for 10mbps, they did a chg to the network this past weekend and did not let us know about it. So te max is now working, hey thanks again for help. I thought i was doing everything rite. Thanks agian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back