Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Meridian MAX statistics

Status
Not open for further replies.

conkyd

Technical User
Sep 14, 2003
AP
I am unsure how to get a printout of the statistics ( ie no of calls, calls that have been in queue for more than 5 mins etc ) from my MAX system. It is connected to both option 61s and 81s. Any help with this is appreciated.

Hi,

You can use the MTE software(client) to log in to the MAX system and pull out the report. Another way is to use the modem port and login as "maxusr". You will then need to key-in your supervisor Id and password. Its best you check with your vendor for the paswords.

The GUI will be menu based and easy to navigate.

I dial in using procomm and get into the max system but cannot find any area within there for viewing/printing the statistics.

There are different ways to print out a report from meridian max.

One is to connect a printer to a printer port on the meridian max system. This has to be configured in the setup menus, using another login.

But, if you do not have that it is often possible to define a printer like this:

Login to the MTE window. From the main menu press CTRL + P.
You will now get a new window.
The definition you makes here will get a printout from meridian max sent to your own pc, and then it will be printed on the default printer for your PC.

In the little window you get you have to specify a name (wich you decide yourself) and a printer type. The type should be the closest you can get to the printer you have as a default printer on your pc. But it usually works anyway.

Save this and leave the print-menu.

Now you have defined a printer for your system.
Go to the report menu.
choose the report you would like. Fill in the reportname, timeframe, groups etc, and then in the bottom of the picture, choose the printer you have defined.

press F1 and choose print this report

If it works the system will work for a while, and then you will get a message in the left down side of the MTE window.
"receiving printer file"
Some seconds after that the report will be printed.

Note:
in the MTE window, in the options menu, you have to specify that you want the output device to be printer, not file.

The MTE window needs to be started to get a printout...

Now you can get the reports out.
But do you understand what you see? :)
Nortel has some really interesting definitions on how the results are produced in some of the columns..

Its absolutely necessary to understand what you see.
If not, there is a possibility that you make decissions based on wrong basis..
That is something I am used to talk to customes about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back