Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Meridian Max printing ports

Status
Not open for further replies.

SBZrmetro

IS-IT--Management
Oct 10, 2001
US
Need to know how to clear out the printer ports in meridian max. I have a number of PC's connected with MTE but but they do not have static IP's. As you know that everytime the IP address changes it cannot print unless you delete the existing printer and add a new printer. The users have learned this and are adding printers which uses up the allowed 20 ports. I would like to delete all the printers and start new. The problem is that when I go into MAX I cannot see the ports does the MAX system need to be down to look at the ports and delete the printers?

if you login as maint and go to port address (or something like that - haven't touched a max since 99)all the printers should be listed.

with MTE, i remember something about having to go the the enduser pc and edit the registry to remove instances of mte as well.

sorry if not much help

Yes, you will have to down the system, remove the printers and start it up again. The MTE users will have to re-program their printers.

Thanks for responding
I logged in as maint and I can go to the menu with the port address on it but if I select it as an option it just goes back to the main menu. thats why I was wondering if you have to shut it down to actually change the ports.

I have done that I have changed the registry info for MTE to resolve some printing problems but that doesnt seem to fix the port problem.

Thanks Nancy

I assume this is something that would have to be done on downtime correct?

Can be done at anytime. Data for the time it is down will be lost. To avoid this in the future you need to assign Static IP address to any PC using MTE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back