Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Meridian Max going away

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbertholdt

IS-IT--Management
Jul 18, 2003
US
I’m trying to get some information on Meridian Max, I have Meridian Max 8 with a 1000 users and I’m being told by my vendor that this platform will no longer be supported by Nortel and that I will have to upgrade to symposium, I have worked with symposium and don't really feel that is worth the time and MONEY to upgrade to this, has anyone else heard of Nortel discontinuing Meridian Max and or Link and if so do you know of any other ACD management systems that would work with a Meridian 81c to give the same results of symposium? Thanks

nortelpbxman

They are correct in the fact that max is going away. This is from British Telecom sorry for the format if you want it in a nice format mail me at mike.bonser@firstassist.co.uk

Product Overview

Meridian MAX is a Call Centre application connected to the Meridian range of PBX’s providing comprehensive ACD Management and Reporting capabilities designed to support customers’ information needs. MAX provides real-time statistics displays and historical reporting on the customer's Call Centre operation, as well as ACD configuration management. MAX supports 1200 Agents on the SNN/SNNE platform, 150 active agents on the IPE platform and 300 on the IPEE platform.

Target Audience

All customers who currently operate a Meridian MAX system

Product Support
Software Levels (including corresponding MTE levels)
MAX 6 MAX 8 MAX 9
M1 Core Release
Required
R21-R23/
Option 51/81 (CP1)
R22 -R23/
Option 11C
New Sales Order placed by 31/7/2000
Software Feature Release Upgrades To MAX 9 up to 31/3/2001
Feature keycode Expansions Available until 31/7/2003
Only available via manual order process
Software bug fix upgrades To MAX 8/9 available until 31/3/2001
Software diagnostic support Available until 31/7/2003

Data for MAX 6 and 9 has been removed for clarity.

Hardware Platform Support
IPE/SNN IPEE/SNNE
Hardware support (including tapes)
Available until 31/3/2004. Available until 31/3/2004.
Hardware upgrades Available to IPEE/SNNE until 31/7/2000 New sales available until 31/7/2000
Max Software levels supported 6.31, 7.52, 8 ,9
8, 9

Meridian Link and CCR

Nortel is withdrawing Meridian Link and CCR from the 31st March 2004 due to component obsolescence. From this date all BT maintenance and support contracts will be ceased and new components and physical support will no longer be available.

Happiness is.....

as for upgrading to symposium.... we're ripping all ours out and going voip. damm sight cheaper!!

Happiness is.....

Just because Nortel won't support MAX, doesn't mean you can't still use it. there are old SL1 phone systems out there that Nortel hasn't supported for 15/20 years. If it works use it, if it breaks call a vendor who still works on the old stuff.

As a Vendor myself, I know that MAX soon will be gone.
End of life..

If you have a callcentre were stistics and the functionallity that MAX gives is important, you SHOULD look for something new. (Doesn't have to be symposium)
Symposium is a good choise.

MAX is also o good product and it doesn't give the customer much problem. Hardware and software alsmost never fails,
but some day it will happend. What do you do then?
If the solution you have with MAX is bussines critical you must change. What happends if MAX fails one day, a week?

You will get a upgrade discount if you upgrade to Symposium.

VOIP is not the solution for everything. I would aboslutely not recommend an IP solution for callcentres.
You have to choose the right scenario for a IP solution.
Not all customer cases is the right one.

MAX is good but very soon you cant have service for it and you cant upgrade or change software. So what do you do?

There are a lot of used equipment resellers out there and companys that repair old equipment. Nortel hasn't used the old Tape drive systems in the PBX for years but you can still get them. So like I said just because Nortel stops supporting something doesn't mean you wont be able to get parts or repairs for it.

Did you ever choose an option to pursue on this?
We are currently helping a client install Genesys CTI on top of the base Nortel PBX and ACD in order to remove the end-of-life MAX, CCR, etc. from the environment.

David J.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back