Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Meridian Mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

K1D45

Programmer
Apr 18, 2011
US
Our Meridian Mail is working but its not accepting any new messages.. Like if I call an extension it will play the greetings. After the greeting it will say

"Messages cannot be recorder at this time to tranfer to an attendant please press 0"

Anybody encounter this problem???

Thanks

You may be reaching full capacity for voicemail Storage. If you login to Meridian Mail and check system status it will indicate warning message of capacity reaching full capacity. To check all mailboxes with storage used go to user admin press find (F5). Then list all mailboxes it will show name, mailbox #, storage used, and class of service assigned (COS). You will have to delete mailboxes with excessive storage used or if they are still in use all messages. This will free up space for Meridian Mail to accept messages again.

It's worth listing out any disabled mailbox's as it's usual to find that they have storage capacity against them. I'd check and delete them.

Also set up if possible the "read" message number of days as it's common for some useres to never delete them and by changing the setting to e.g. 7 days, it automatically deletes read messages saving disk space.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

I will check on that

Thanks RudH and Firebirdscrambler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back