Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Meridian Mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleuvert

Technical User
Jan 11, 2006
CA
Hi,
I have to enter into a meridian mail. I'm conect with null modem cable, but after, i don't know what i make for going to main image for login. Thank's

Bleuvert

crtl v will do a screen repaint if your layer one is right..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

No work

When i type " ctrl-w " this message appear

l CobraVT 2 0/6 Loc Stat k
m>qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqj

following the instruction in meridian mail doc, i type " i f ". The image to be redraw, but it's blank with no acces. Thank'S

m> is this a working system, none of that looks like a mermail in service.. check your baud rate... 12 or 96 usually

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

type quit to exit

When you type CTRL + W you entered the Cobra Control and Virtual Window of MM ("ETAS Level")

If that doesn't work

Try CTRL + BTB, you should get >> prompt
type KILL 2 at the >> prompt and the system should reboot

If that doesn't work...this one will (always work)

hold down the CTRL key and enter BTB pause half a second then KIL (still holding down the CTRL key)

Yes, the system is working. But a very strange thing happen. When i'm connect to one of five DB-25 from 1 amphenol behind MERMAIL( AMPHENOL to p-0,p-1,p-2,p-3 and p-b.) only p-b working with my laptop. DB-9 from my laptop to DB-25 connector, NULL MODEM ADAPTOR, connected to p-b port behind MERMAIL cabinet. In this case, it's work.But when i'm connect other thing on this port ( DIGI Portserver TS-4, HP 700/32 terminal or AT&T Comsphere 3820 modem, nothing happen. I try to understand the situation ???
Thank's for help.

Bleuvert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back