Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Meridian Mail "in use"

Status
Not open for further replies.

RonMusick

IS-IT--Management
Jan 29, 2006
US
We are having a problem with the Meridian Mail portion of our Option 11 system that has just occurred in the last couple of days. When a user tries to retrieve their voicemail, it tell them "it is in use" and will not allow access. This has happened to a couple of people so far. Any ideas?

If an administrator is in the mailbox looking/changing parameters and the user tries to get in to pick up messages etc they will get that message. Is it possible someone was in it?

The only person who has access to the switch is myself, and I was not accessing it.

Going out on the limb, but this sounds like disk corruption.

Have you, or can you do a full backup to tape? If there is a disk problem the backup will fail.

I would suggest you use an older tape as well (2nd tape) just in case....reason being that if the back up fails, you have wiped the tape and there is no recovery.

I successfully completed a full backup to tape - no errors.

REBOOT IT

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back