Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Meridian Mail Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

jneiberger

Technical User
Jan 21, 2005
US
Do any of you know how Meridian Mail determines if a call is internal vs. external? We're working on integrating Cisco CallManager with an 81C running Meridian Mail using a QSIG trunk. Cisco encodes the ISDN Type of Number as Unknown and the ISDN Numbering Plan as Unknown. That makes Meridian Mail think that all calls are external since it apparently is expecting to see the ISDN ToN set to Subscriber and the NP set to Private.

Is there a way to force Meridian Mail to use some other set of criteria to differentiate between internal and external calls? If we can't fix this then we're just going to have to force everyone to have one voicemail greeting instead of two.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
John

If memory serves, I think I was told at one time that Mer Mail picks that up from the route class (RCLS) defined in the route data block; either internal or external.

I think that is true. I was trying to remember where the ID comes from, and I rememebr something about setting the RBD as internal. I also know that it has to begin with the initial trunk path, because a call from one phone to another, then across a network to centralized voicemail would need to be seen as internal, where an external call to that same site, forwarding to voicemail across the same internal trunk would be seen as external.

Check one of your old TIE lines to a branch and see what the RDB says. I think on TIE lines it defaults to internal.

Scott M.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back