Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Meridian Mail question 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

phnechic

Technical User
Feb 26, 2003
US
3 sites: 2 option 11Cs connected via T1s to and Option 81C at corporate. Meridian Mail resides at the 81C. I have one user who has a desk at each of the option 11C locations. They have a different DID at each location, but want to have a single mailbox service both locations.

Currently:
Both phones forward and hunt to the voice mail DN. Extension x has a mailbox built on it. Extension y has a DN table in Meridian Mail, express messaging to the mailbox at x.
The user has indicated that extension x works fine, but if you call extension y, instead of the internal or external greeting, you get the personal verification, followed by the standard "Please leave a message after the tone". He wants to be able to record his own (friendlier) greeting without changing his personal verification. Any ideas?

do you have pri's to both locations? is so both numbers should get the same greeting.. are both routes markes internal? that might make a diff.. and both ext are forwarded to the same ext.. the voice mail dn is a dsc in each 11? that might make change things if your using a work around on one end.. i would try swapping the two ext in the mail and see it the trouble stays on the same switch.. wish i was local, that would be a good one to trouble shoot.. if they are pri's you could od a stare and compare on the enl msgi x against each d

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Lucky for me you never rest, John. Wish you WERE local! PRI to both locations. I'll check the routes tonight. Yes, both extensions are forwarded to the same voice mail DN, which is a DSC in both switches. I like your idea of swapping the two extensions in mail. The user is working late tonight, but I'll try it as soon as I can. Good idea about the stare and compare. Thanks for the ideas! You're the best!

wouldn't it be easier to regiter the 2nd extn dn on the mailbox instead of in the vsdn entry????

During initial testing, listing the 2nd DN as an extension DN wasn't working. However, after changing the RCLS to INT as suggested, it did work. Still having problems with the remote message waiting key, and open to suggestions on why it wouldn't be working. Thanks!

I take it you mean you can't get the message wait light to work on both pones?? You need MMail 13 for this.

Thank you very much. You just saved me a great deal of time. I was trying to use the RMWK on the Option 11C, but it wasn't working.

I have an Option 11 running 25.08 that I "inherited". I have managed to log into Meridian Mail as a system admin, and reset the customer password. My questions is..What is the customer login ID?
I know the password, but can't find any reference to the ID used to log in to the Meridian Mail.
I tried to create a new customer and login in, but it doesn't ask for user Id or anything, just the password.
Anybody know?

I don't know. I've never used a login ID, just the password.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back