Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

meridian mail port use history 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

marig

IS-IT--Management
Sep 16, 2002
US
Is there a way I can track the history of Meridian Mail port use? I know I can see a snapshot at any given moment with DSP PORT STATUS, but I need to see at what times of day all the ports are being used.

We have Nortel Option 11C switch with Meridian Mail release 22 [I think it's 22]. We have a 6-port voicemail system and are trying to decide whether it's worth it to bump up to 8 or 10 ports. I want to see how often all 6 ports are being used.

No, we don't have MAT.

Hi, just go to the Administration screen and select SEER Reports and filter the date and times that you want to look into your traffic, and you can even print the report in paper. Hope this works. Good luck!

Any guess as to what SEER class I should be looking in for this kind of information?

From the main menu - Select 6 (operational measurements)
From this menu - Select 2 (Traffic)
From this screen - arrow down to Channel usage detail and select Yes

Enter a date and time range to report on
Select either view or print

Thanks, but this is still not telling me what I want to know. It gives the usage of the channels during 1 hour increments...which is helpful to see busy times. But it doesn't tell me that at a specific point in time all 6 ports were being used. Meaning the next person to try to get into voicemail got a ring ring ring - no answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back