Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Meridian Mail Over Putty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unfundednut

IS-IT--Management
Apr 9, 2014
US
Following the documentation found here I was able to access our Meridian Mail via Putty instead of the old dying terminal we had.

The issue tho is that we can not get the F5 key working. F5 itself does not translate through properly. In re-reading the aforementioned page, I need to use the Enter key on the number pad. Both with num lock on and off all I receive is a system ding sound. Anyone have any ideas?

And I guess a side question. Is there any easy way to "print" to a flat file to get reports without having to do a copy/paste, goto next page, rinse/repeat?

Option 61C
Version 1811
Release 22
Issue 46

Installed in 1996, hasn't been patched since...... :(

Option 61C
Version 1811
Release 22
Issue 46

I used in the past a free program called SMTelnet that use to work on Option 11c systems via Rlogin.

With Procomm Plus, I had the same F5 problem, but I found that F10 did the same as F5.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website =

Tried F10, no luck. I cna try out some other options for the telnet side.

Just figured go with what yeah know as we use putty for the Option 61C and for SSH.

Option 61C
Version 1811
Release 22
Issue 46

Yup that is the directions I followed to set it up. And just incase I just re-verified that is how I have it setup. DEC-MCS under Translation and VT100+ under Keyboard.

Option 61C
Version 1811
Release 22
Issue 46

Buddy, in my notes I have: With PuTTY, Softkeys 1 - 4 are Function Keys F1 to F4. Softkey 5 is Enter, and Help is Del on the Numeric Keypad.

Code:
Softkey 1|Softkey 2|Softkey 3|Softkey 4|Softkey 5|Delete Field (-)|Help (.)
Esc O P  |Esc O Q  |Esc O R  |Esc O S  |Esc O M  |Esc O m         |Esc O n

Prev Word (1)|Next Word (2)|Prev Field (4)|Next Field (5)|Prev Page (7)|Next Page (8)
Esc O r	     |Esc O q	   |Esc O t       |Esc O u       |Esc O w      |Esc O x

For example, to send Softkey 5, press the escape key followed by O, and M.
Escape (Esc) can be sent by CTRL-[ (ASCII code 27), or hitting the escape key.

Glad you got it to work. Perhaps I should update that page with your VT_F10 discovery :)

Cheers,
Mike

mikepbxb said:
For example, to send Softkey 5, press the escape key followed by O, and M.
Escape (Esc) can be sent by CTRL-[ (ASCII code 27), or hitting the escape key.

Thanks, this works for me. Now I can use 'Find'. Thank you for your tutorials and documentation. Them along with Genes (RIP) have made taking up maintaining this beast much easier.

Option 61C
Version 1811
Release 22
Issue 46

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back