Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Meridian Mail Modem Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

overseasbro

Technical User
Mar 21, 2002
US
I am trying to connect to Meridian Mail via a US Robotics 14.4 modem. The current setup is through a A/B switch box.
Side A is- Terminal (works fine), side B is modem. I have a standard serial cable from side B directly to the modem.
The configuration of the terminal is 9600, 8, 1, none. Is this correct or would I need to configure a port on the Mail for a seperate modem connection? Also, does anyone have the modem string to setup the US Robotics 14.4 to 9600 baud?

Thanks in Advance
Chris

Chris W

Setting up a US Robotics Modem for remote use

Switch settings before programming, turn modem off and set these first.
1 - up
2 - up
3 - down
4 - up
5 - down
6 - up
7 - down
8 - down

Power up the modem and then do the following:

Connect the modem to a terminal (set for 2400 or 9600 baud - use 2400 baud, because 9600 can sometimes be a pain for mmail and the speed won't be that noticable) using a standard modem cable

command response
at&f0 ok
ats0=0 ok
aty0 ok
at&m0 ok
at&w0 ok
at&w1 ok

Final switch settings on the modem

1 - up
2 - up
3 - down
4 - up
5 - down
6 - up
7 - up
8 - down

Just make sure your modem baud rate is the same as the terminal and the port setting on the Meridian Mail.

And just a reminder as December gets close. All platforms of Meridian Mail will enter Manufacture Discontinued, most are already End of Life. MMail 13.x will be end of life in October 2009.

Hope this helps.

John

Thank you very much John, I will make the changes and test.!!!

Take care
Chris

Chris W

I use US Robotic Modems and A/B switches on several applications, and if I’m switching a Terminal Port, I have Modem Eliminator on the side that the modem will be using.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back