Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Meridian Mail Dial By Name issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

IOKIPP

Technical User
Jul 23, 2010
US
I am trying to create a dial by name to get to the employees voice mail after hours. Before we just pushed 1 for this person 2 for that person. I created a thru-dial but every time I enter a name of someone the system tells me that the number can not be reached by this service. Any help would be great.

Thank you
Kipp

Do the names you are dialing have mailboxes or are directory entry users on the system?(option 1/Option 2) If not it has no way of associating a name with a number to call.

no restrictions or permissions what i know of. I actually tried entering the voice box #'s in permissions but same thing.

I when i dial the name i actually get the name of the person but it just will not allow it connect.

Did you ENABLE the option

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

It is enabled if you are talking about the name dialing name addressing found under voice messaging options. tks

Just to be sure .... if you go in to Thru Dial services (opt 3 / opt 4/ Opt 4)Select your thru dial definition, then make sure the Dial by option is set for Number, name or both, whichever you want it to be. Then make sure your restrictions permissions is set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back