Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Meridian mail delayed messages

Status
Not open for further replies.

nortelmel

Technical User
Oct 3, 2006
US
Hi everyone! Merry Christmas!
Here is an oldie but goodie!

I have a Meridian Mail that users say messages are being delivered to them a day or so late.

I heard of this before but never had to deal with this so I really need some direction

Can you help! Ho Ho Ho!!

didn't happen, can't happern.. if i have 4 msgs, listen to the 1st, hang up, light goes out.. 24 hours later my next msg, i listem to all four..

if it was all users i would back it up and boot... i've got one user that says the same thing about a call pilot.. one user out of 1800...

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thanks...I found it strange that only one user was complaining but he has complained before and now he has someones ear so it rolls down hill from there!

Have A great Christmas and New years!

yea my user here is the director of telcom.. so i just don't take her calls

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Actually, this problem does happen. It's more common on analogue phones that have a message waiting lamp. One of my colleagues found that reversing the polarity improved this problem, or just unplugging and plugging back in a digital phone.

Weird, I know!. I was dealing with a customer yesterday, where I called back and left her a message. The MWI didn't light up!. This was even after I had increased her mailbox from 3 to 10 minutes as the problem had happend when her mailbox was full.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

Just to recap on this with a tip below that my colleague sent to me today.

Hi

Odd one that Dave had for the hotel yesterday.

M3904 VM light took up to 5 hours to show a VM had been left.

The hotels admin phones are supposed to use 8001 for vm and hotel guest phones use 8000, this phone was using both 8001 and 8000 on fdn/eht/efd/hunt and cfw.

Although I would have thought this did not make a lot of difference it did, once I set them all the same to 8001 tested the phone it worked fine the light came on instantly.

Just something to bear in mind and try should it occur again.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

You could always login into tools and perform a session trace on that mb and see when the message was left and when mwi indicator was sent...etc, just like a cp session trace...this way you'll know if the user is bs or actual problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back