Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Meridian Mail call wake up link

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bry584

Technical User
Jun 1, 2006
US
I have a MerMail Rls 11 card option in an Option 11 with hospitality. My link for the PMS keeps failing then recovers. The automatic call wakeup feature is not working. I know nothing of hospitality systems and could use any help available.

welcome to the world where no one really knows the hosp feature, mostly due to mitel having 90 percent of the small hotel customer base.. that is a serial link, so your looking at just copper.. you may have a pair of short haul modems extending it out to a term.. those can flake out, or the daughter board they connect to.. a up and down problem like that is usually layer one, copper or at worst the analog style i/o port.. this isn't much help but may be all you get, i've only installed a few of those and it's been forever

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Make sure you have the front desk perform a data swap, if someone checks in is and your PBX/Mail is unaware of them you will have other problems.

Check and make sure they are entering the wake up call correctly at the console.

Verify AWU has been defined, I beleive inthe CDB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back