Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Meridian mail backup to computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

labo33

Technical User
Nov 3, 2004
CA
I am a pretty new user and would like to backup my meridian mail system to my laptop that I use to dial into the switch remotely. Any advice suggestion would be appriciated.

mail backups's are done to tape as far as I know, But if you find out I'll be everso grateful

It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

mike is right, you eiter have a tape drive or you'll need to get one, the smaller systems did not all come with a perm tape drive, it will have a term plug on the lower front of the mm card (in an opt 11).. if you have a larger system, they have a tape drive build into a card, and you'll see the tape door when you open the main cab. call pilot voice mail can be backed up to a mapped drive

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

If your serious about backing up your voice mail, shut down your voice mail and pull the hard drive from the unit and ghost it to a similiar hard drive, then you will have a software and hardware backup.

that will work to s scsi drive, but the biggest concern we have here is the saved msg's, for that the only way is a daily backup... one point is with a ghost drive,you can swap drives and restore msg if you have a PARTIAL on tape, a full (system) back up formats the harddrive before the restore, which is great unless you did a full after the os had coruption in the sys config... just did a restore on one that the os on the backup was non bootable.. did a new install, and put 800+ mb with a script file

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back