Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Meridian Mail 13.11 Install Tape

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTRAU

IS-IT--Management
Mar 2, 2007
US
All: Purchased an MM for an Option 11. Card is in system, only have Tools password. Need to get access to System PW, Suggestions? Could I borrow a MM 13.XX install tape from someone?

Thanks Chris

if you have the tools pwd then you can reset the system pwd to anything you want.

Thats great news! Could you navigate me through the process? Not too Nortel/MM literate so really need to be told the specific steps.

Thanking you in advance....

Chris

Log on to tools and press number 1

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

That only changes the tools password. I need to change/access the 'system' pw

Thanks Chris

For mail 13 systems, you need to use the install tape to access the main menu and regenerate the password. Mail systems prior to 13 could be done via the TTY port as long as you knew the high level login and password. There was never a backdoor method for mail 13.

In the UK, Mail 13 install tapes were hard to find and generally speaking any engineer who had a tape drive tended to acquire one and keep it.

If you were in the UK, then I'd try to help you out.

Firebird Scrambler
Nortel Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK
Advance knowledge on BCM support

To all who responede to my thread, Thank You! Your help and insite is greatly appreciated! Chris

You should be able to find the install tape fairly cheap on ebay. If I had one I would be glad to lend it to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back