Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Meridian Mail 12 remote notification problem 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

IS-IT--Management
Jul 26, 2004
US
Hi, I have meridian mail rls 13 voicemail with 20 channel. Remote notification stop working. Also in 2 channels # not working. If I press Rst button on MMP40 card, is it will fix the problem? Also pressing Rst button on MMP40 will cause any data (mailboxes, greeting etc) lost?

Thanks

Pressing those button(s) is essentially a reboot of MerMail. Take any tapes out of the drive, so it will boot right to the hard drive. In theory, data is not lost.

Another less drastic measure that may solve your problem is to simply do a Courtesy Disable of the node(s) and re-enable them. You get there from here:

Main Menu > System Status and Maintenance > System Status

I'd rebooted lots of MerMail systems, many times just to amuse johnpoole

~~~
[small]GHTROUT.com | Get the Input/Output Manuals | Tek-Tips FAQs | Recent Replies[/small]

Thanks, John. I pressed reset button on meridian mail 12 and my 2 channel # problem solved but still remote notification is not working and when I press "0" for revert DN instead of dialing revert DN is goes to prompt again. What I need to check?

Thanks,

Remote Notification (RN) has a lot of possibilities. The first step is knowing "what type" of RN isn't working: Paging, Service, To external numbers, to internal DNs...etc. To test the most basic, just have it call an extension. If it does that, you at least know the feature itself works.

There is also a RN "tool" you can use to identify why RN might not work:

Main Menu > Operational.Measurements > Outcalling.Audit.Trail.Report

The "zero out" is modified on a mailbox by mailbox basis, so the user can change it on the fly. However "00" is a "system-wide" setting you control from the terminal. I'll bet that you recently took out your Operator consoles?

~~~
[small]GHTROUT.com | Get the Input/Output Manuals | Tek-Tips FAQs | Recent Replies[/small]

I found the problem. We changed the PRI vendor and we have CLID has defined without DID that's why carrier is rejecting calls.

Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back