Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Meridian internal buffer - DBA & OTM 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faph

Technical User
Nov 8, 2004
CA
OTM 2.2 collecting CDR via DBA for 8 Meridian 1. When DBA lose its connection to the PBX the CDR data is saved in the internal M1 buffer. To my knowledge, when the DBA connection is back the system should empty the M1 internal buffer...it doesn't! Does anyone know why? Can I set OTM DBA to empty the internal buffer?

Thanks

I'll bet there is an external standalone buffer box. It may be as simple as power it off and on. Or But unless that system is getting an error message for each call, it is still collecting data I bet

All of the 'other' history file spaces, like for input output of the TTY or Traffic stats are 64k each. That would be about 1000 lines of records, and figure average 2 to 3 lines per call. - say 400 calls. That is not much. Buffer boxes could hold a years worth or at least a good bit of time.

~

There is no external buffer - we had some but we replaced them with DBA - and I,m still trying to figure out why data pilling up on the internal M1 disk?

Not sure if this will help but in LD 117 enl buf cdr

It's only dialtone-VZ

Thanks to both of you - I never heard of that one, and now I understnad where Faph is at. Please post when you figer it out

OVL000
>ld 117
OAM000

=> enl buf cdr

=>
IOD364

Package 351 (DBA) is not eqipped.

Severity: Info

~

What is your software release on the switch? Also, depending on how long your connection was down, it could several days to empty that buffer out in the PBX. Older releases of the PBX software, may not empty out and Nortel will have to do it for you; but usually if you are release 24 or higher, it will eventually empty out.

Thanks everyone

The system is using CS1000 is using Rls 4.5.

Nothing has helped yet. Settings and packages are all in place with the right patches. Still when the DBA connexion comes back OTM does not empty the M1 Internal buffer.

We have calls dated of January 2006...

We asked our praovider to empty them manually but the problem remains...

It sounds like Nortel may need to go in there and empty out the buffer for you. They do have a way of doing that. When you do a STUF BUF CDR in LD 117, how much of a percentage do you get back of the buffer being full?

I haven't heard of a internal M1 buffer. We used to have a external buffer box but now I have a serial connection bewteen it and OTM. When it loses it connection I lose the data. I would log into the OTM and see what it says. Sometimes you may have to restart your OTM server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back