Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Meridian Compact Plus DID Set Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

djmtech

Technical User
Jun 12, 2002
GB
Hi

Can anyone help me on the programming steps required to set up DID on a Meridian Compact Plus, I have tried everything but to no avail.

What is it that you cannot get to work?....is the PRI up and working?....where are u stuck?

The ISDN is up and working and BT are sending 6 Digit DDI. I can't get any of the individual DDI numbers to ring the relevant extensions. All numbers just ring Main Phone. Is there a Translation Table anywhere ??

Is this a Option 11 compact or Norstar?

What is your numbering plan - six digit did xx-xxxx compared to extension xxxx or xx-xxxx or xxx or x-xxxx

give us more info

It's possible that your system will only recognize 4-digits sent from your telco provider. If this is the case, the system won't know what to do when it receives a 6-digit DNIS. As an example, if you have an extension at x1212 and a corresponding DID of 925-324-1212, your system may be looking to receive 1212 from your PRI provider-- not 241212.

My number plan is 6 digit DDI xxxxxx to 3 digit Extension Numbers xxx. Hope this is of help.

In LD 49
prt
idc

there will be two collumns - incoming digits and outgoing digits. if the number is 555-123-4567 the incoming (idgt) number will be 234567 the converted number (no prompt forr this just the incoming number) will be 567 or what ever the three digit ext for this phone is.

If there is nothing assigned - 1st go to ld 21
prt
fcr

Must have idca set to yes and dcmx at least to 1

to chg
ld 15
Req: chg
Type: fcr
nfcr: yes
maxt: 1
idca: yes
dcmx: (i usually set to 2or more)

ld 49
Req: new
Type: idc
dcno: 1
idgt: 234567
234567: 567
idgt: (repeat for each did)

ld 16 - <cr> past any prompt not shown
Req: chg
Type: rdb
rout: (enter the route for the DID)
idc: yes
dcno: 1(same as built in ld 49)
ndno: 1(same as built in ld 49)

Sounds to me like you have a Norstar Compact ICS. If so, you need to assign each particular line to a specific phone, this is normally done on a M7310, or M7324 set, logging in with F**CONFIG, pswd CONFIG, and going to lines and sets. It sounds as if all lines are going into a pool (probably &quot;A&quot;), and set to ring the main set. For more info the best place to ask is at the Nortel Norstar Forum, there are some top-notch people there, on Norstar systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back