Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Meridian 1 Option 11 C help with numbering plan

Status
Not open for further replies.

packetloss

IS-IT--Management
Jun 25, 2001
US
So a few months back my Telecom/Network admin left for a new company, since then I have needed to take on the telecom admin. I learned the basics of administering the PBX and it's not that tough so far. I have run into a new problem that I cannot figure out, and I cant get a call back from our PBX vendor. So here goes:

I have a handfull of analog lines coming out of my system, all of them having an extention mapped to them from 410 up to 438. The rest of the pbx is from 200 up to 349 for users phones. We recently "downsized" and decided to sublet half our office to another company. They wanted a numbering block that had a 00 number, so the 400 to 430 numbers made sense, since even thought they were set to analog lines, they arent being used. (I hope Im explaining this right so far...). So, I did a quick punch down to one of the wall ports, and then went into the pbx and changed "15 0 00 15" to extention 450 (since it had extention 422 which I needed for a digital line). I then mapped 422 to key 0 on "07 0 00 10", as normal with all our other phones, I then mapped key 1 as 7422. This is where I get the first error.. "Directory Number Failed Validation: DN 7422 not in numbering plan". Ok, this was odd, cause normally this worked for me. So I tested something. My desktop phone has Key 0 as 291 and key 1 as 7291. I dialed both lines from another phone, both work..as they always have, then I wend into station admin on the MAT computer and selected my TN. I select my Key 1 (7291) and in the box below double clicked (as this will show all the numbers in the numbering plan) and it tells me the number isn't in the plan, however... it works.

So I went back to the xt: 422 phone and mapped key 1 as 453, an extention I knew wasnt used. Now that phone works, except that I can't get the name to appear in the system. Ugh.. I actually hate using the MAT computer to do any of this, I prefer just doing it from the command line in the overlays.

So Im wondering if this explains my issue enough? I really appreciate any help anyone might offer.

Thx
Rob Engstrom
IS Manager
thoughtbubble productions, inc.

Your 7xxx numbers might be mapped as CDNs (just a guess). I can't recall exactly which overlay you use to look at these, but it seems like it might be 23. As to your name display, check the CPND in MAT. I've seen this happen on a number of occasions in our switch. Usually the problem comes up if the location is changed in the station profile, and your CPND is set to read the location for the display information. I've also seen pending RPLs in the CPND that have to be transmitted to get the change to take.

Hope this helps. Joe

Numbers of DN's, arnt they great - Look at LD49 IDC tables and check that your numbers also don't appear as distant/trunk/local steering codes in LD87

One way you could see if it is being used is go to LD 20 and print just 7 and see what comes up.

Check your DNs DNB or TNs TNB, or GHP using LD20 (for DN or TN u can put a basic number in like 7 or 15. For CDN/ACD use PRT in LD27 or for DSC/TSC/LSC use PRT in LD87.
- by and by -
In LD10/11 u can use STAT for a block of TNs (saves time not having to log in/out to LD20) always reassuring to know ur TNs are alive and well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back